Options

HA and aVCS coexistence

tibortibor Member
hello community

i am very new to A10 and to this community. so please bear with me. we are currently in the process of preparing a poc with A10 ADCs and i have a question related to the setup and especially to HA and aVCS.

due to specific requirements from the customer we will implement two AX1030 in a HA deployment. now the reason for using HA and not VRRPa is that we have to use a Layer 2 transparent inline deployment. And according to the documentation there is no VRRPa in Layer 2 transparent inline mode. So this leave us with using legacy HA (active - standby). Once we have set this up in the lab we realized that you basically have to sync the config every time there was a change to the configuration on the primary device.
Now my question is, if it is possible to use HA (legacy) in conjunction with a virtual chassis setup (aVCS) in order to have some sort of automatic sync between primary and secondary. I have searched the documentation for any hints but couldn't find anything helpful.

Many thanks for your help and best regards

tibor
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tmitsuhatatmitsuhata Member, Administrator admin
    edited November 2014
    Hi Tibor,

Here is some information if it's not too late.
    Yes, aVCS is supported with HA. You can find more details (including config samples) in the Thunder/AX series Admin User Guide. Here is the excerpt of the Admin Guide for your reference.

===== 2.7.1-P2 Admin Guide (p.505), 2.7.2 Admin Guide (p.533) ===

You can use the ACOS Virtual Chassis System (aVCS) feature to provide automated configuration synchronization in HA or
    VRRP-A deployments, even if you do not plan to use any other aVCS features. Use of aVCS for configuration synchronization
    provides the following benefits over using the manual HA configuration synchronization options:
    • aVCS configuration synchronization is automatic and occurs in real time. Each configuration change is synchronized
    to the other ACOS device(s) as soon as the change occurs.
    • Reload is not required.

=====

Hope it helps.