Options

Routing Traffic Via Inactive VRRP-A Machine

invia_itopsinvia_itops Member
edited June 2022 in aFleX

Hello everyone,

since we're seeing weird timeouts to external services with any of the more recent versions greater than 5.2.1-p2, support suggested to set up some sort of debug environment for them to check. Is it possible to route traffic from physical servers via a virtual ethernet interface on the inactive machine without having to remove it from vrrp-a? We're using separate a SNAT Pool, so it's not SNATonVIP , Inline mode is not enabled. Any help is very much appreciated. I tried to create a vrid with a separate NAT ip and activated it on the standby device, but it looks like the standby devices' ip in that vlan does not route anything. Not sure if this is vrrp-a related, or if I'm missing something else. Please let me know what parts of the config you need to see.

What I'm trying to do:

• standby device has latest software with the problematic behavior booted
  • send the problematic requests via a separate route over the secondary device with the newer code without impacting the working production setup that's running on the other device

If a moderator could move this in the correct section, that would be great. I accidently created this in aflex.

Thanks,

Alex

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    invia_itopsinvia_itops Member

Found the solution myself. I added another external IP on a second vrid and created an additional SNAT pool with that ip, assigned it to the server via ACL bind and set the route via the secondary device's ip.

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

Thank you for coming back to add your solution :). Hopefully it will be of some help to others.