Hi, the previous admin left our company and I need to recover the enable password. How do I do this?
I would highly recommend you to contact A10 support to restore the system without having enable password.
This procedure describes how to regain root access to an A10 device if you've lost the root admin password. For security, this procedure can be performed only through the serial console.
1. Reboot the A10 device. (The special password for recovery is valid only when entered within the first 5 minutes after a reboot.)
2. Connect to the serial console.
3. When prompted for the admin username and password, enter the following at the console:
The serial number can be found on the back of the A10 device.
(You also can get the number through the CLI or GUI, but this isn't possible until you've already logged on.)
4. After you log in, the CLI presents the following questions:
Do you want to reset admin password to default?[y/n]:
Do you want to reset enable password to default?[y/n]:
Do you want to erase startup config?[y/n]:
Answering "y" to the first question resets the admin account to its factory default values: admin, a10
Answering "y" to the second question resets the enable password to its factory default value: <blank>
Answering "y" to the third question clears the startup-config, thus resetting the AX configuration to its factory defaults.
CAUTION! If you answer "y" to this question, you will need to reconfigure the device.
5. Answer "y" to at least the first question, so that you can log on.
6. After logging in with the default root account (admin, a10), make sure to change the admin password.
Hope this help