Options

Health Monitor - SASP, SOAP, WMI and RPC

danguijundanguijun Member
Posted by danguijun

Good day guys,

Is there a way to create separate Health monitors through aFleX to monitor the following protocols on real servers?

- SASP (Server/Application State Protocol);
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol);
- WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation);
- RPC (Remote Procedure Call)

I don't have a case study for each protocol on real server - i just want to have an example (if possible) of an AFleX for HM of each protocol for testing purposes.

Please let me know what information you would need in order to clarify the needs.

Thanks in advance for the help

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Posted by ddesmidt

aFleX can do advanced actions based on user traffic and/or server response.
    But aFleX do not generate traffic on its own, like healthcheck.

For that, AX offers built-in healthchecks (called health monitors and available under Config > Service > Health Monitor): ICMP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, DNS, Radius, LDAP, RTSP, SIP, NTP, IMAP, Database.
    And if you have an application that is not part of these built-in list, AX offers scriptable healthchecks. The 4 scripts supported are: python, shell, tcl and perl.
    You can find examples in our AX Configuration Guide.

Technical Note: In addition to knowing how to program using the script language, you have to know how works the application protocol very well to create the script. Indeed through the script, you'll say exactly what AX has to send and what AX has to expect.
    Some customers may find that too complex. Another option can be to request A10 Networks via a "feature request" to build a built-in healthcheck => simple interface to do the applicative healthcheck. Customers contact their A10 Sales rep to submit feature requests.

Thanks,
    Dimitri