Options

Using a FQDN for a Server

Running into something here that I'm not sure if it is a bug or not.

We're basically trying to use our Load Balancer to proxy to something out on the Internet. We have a VIP set up and the server is set to use the of the cloud service. For some reason, the Service Group stats don't show any up or down servers even though the Server with the FQDN is added as a member on the service group. If we re-create it using an IP address, it shows up and the service group comes online.

Anyone know why the FQDN might not be working or causing the member not to show as a server in the Service Group stats?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    diederikdiederik Member
    edited June 2016
    Can you ping the host by hostname on the cli?

I once saw a similar situation when the per partition server limit was reached, IP based servers did show up normally, but hostname based servers would not show the status properly.
    After fixing the max servers per partition all was good.
  • Options
    jsalmansjsalmans Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't believe I'm able to ping. The cloud service doesn't seem to allow it. We've tried setting up a custom health monitor that uses another method (the page will respond to an https request with a login page).

This is a brand new setup in testing still so we only have a few VIPs and servers added. I can't imagine I'm already exceeding a limit on the partition unless it is configured super low by default.

Thanks