Options

Question for initializing tcp session

kwitaehkwitaeh Member
Hi all,

Loose initiation is One of the profiles options on F5 and it is useful for stateful services.

The Loose initiation option allows the BIG-IP to initialize a connection when any TCP packet is received, rather than requiring a SYN packet for connection initiation.

I'm looking for the option like Loose initiation in the ACOS.

Does anyone know whether the ACOS supports this?

Comments

• Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi Kwitaeh,

I read the details about this feature and I do not think we have this option within ACOS. However, I am interested as to how you would use this feature. If we have to implement it would this be done on the server side or client side. Your explanation and additional details would help.

Genard
  • Options
    mcgheezermcgheezer Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi Genard,

The loose-init and the kindred loose-close configuration options are primarily used in asynchronous packet flow modes (DSR or nPath routing for F5). It allows for connection processing when any packet is received, not just the initial syn. I believe loose-init is also used in some failover scenarios so a peer can assume a failover flow mid-stream.

I'm not aware of an A10 equivalent (but there could be one). I think they are worthy of an FR.

Jim
  • Options
    kwitaehkwitaeh Member
    edited November 2015
    Thank you for your Reply.

Genard,

Some Software Developers occasionally send a query message with connected to the database server.(at this time, there could be idle connections without any transactions)

Because cuncurrent connections of the ADC are occupied, The network administrator would like to be killed by idle-timeout silently.

After connections were removed in the ADC, Loose initiation can help to establish a connection with the initial packet having not the SYN flag set.
  • Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi Kwitaeh,

I spoke to the developer and I think we can do a quick change specific to your request. Loose Initiation and loose close can be a simple add within our TCP options. Also I need to know where this options will be deployed either client side or server side. I suggest that you open an FR to this request and I will notify Product Managers regarding this feature.

Genard