Certificate expiration mail

Hi,

When trying to configure the Certificates expiration mail on our partitions, we get the foloowing error:

Access denied: no privilege for this module.

We´re using the admin user.
If we try it on the shared partition, there is no problem, but we have no certificates there.

Thank you

Comments

• dshindshin Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi,

What would be the ACOS version that you have installed? Once a private partition is created, there is no privilege settings to limit a feature within ACOS. All features within shared and private partitions will be similar except private partition does not have the ability to create new partitions. You must be in shared partition to create new adc or cgn partitions.

Genard
  • rportelarportela Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi,

We using version : Software Version: 2.7.1-P6(build: 143)

Our shared partition is only for administration. We have no VServices ou certificates.
    We use 2 private partitions for all the work. On those we get that error....

I presume if I configure it on shared partition, it wont warn me about the certificates in private partitions.

RP
  • dshindshin Member
    edited September 2015
    I have tested both 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 builds and the error is similar to what you reported: "Access denied: no privilege for this module" error. I will file a bug for the problem. Otherwise, I have 3 options to fix your problem.

1. Upgrade to 4.0.1 which the option for email notification for expiring/ed certs is working. The problem has been fixed in this build.

2. Write a custom aFleX script to parse the cert expiry date using "show slb ssl cert"

3. Or you can monitor the cert expiry manually.

Regards,

Genard
  • dshindshin Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi Rportela,

I got a new information on the slb ssl-expire-check problem that you reported. In builds 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, the feature is not partition aware. If the feature is configured in the shared partition, it will work for both shared and L3V partitions. In 4.0.1, the feature is enhanced to support partition aware.

Genard
  • rportelarportela Member
    edited September 2015
    Ok Genard,

I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks
  • nelsonunesnelsonunes Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello,

It worked for me.

I configured the Expiration-ssl settings, and SMTP server at shared partition and it worked to my other L3VP partitions.

Thanks for your post, Genard Garcia.

Nelson Nunes