Options

AX1000 cpu fans too loud

I've been trying to find a way to lower the fan speed to lower the noise a bit. Unit is sitting next to a desk station. As I'm not sure how to access the bios. These ax1000 are not like regular servers. I don't think an Intel q8400 requires this much air flow. I tried to access the unit through other software, but it just keeps rebooting in the middle of probing. Any clues would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited February 2015
    There is no option to lower the fan speed of the AX1000. The AX1000 is an advanced server load balancer and will require significant air flow and cooling to maintain its performance. The fan speed is dynamically controlled based on the heat that the AX1000 generates. The hotter the box, the faster the fan will be. The dynamic fan control feature protects the AX1000 from overheating or burn out so this is actually a benefit for you.

My suggestion would be to install the AX1000 on a controlled environment such as a data center with ample air conditioning based on recommended AX1000 operating range temperature and humidity requirements, ventilation and proper rack installation of the device. Following these recommendations above will increase product longevity and increase lifespan of the AX.