Options

nat pool gateway usage to real servers

According the CLI reference the nat pool gateway option is used as follows:

•For forward traffic (traffic from a client to a server), the NAT gateway is used if the source NAT address (the address from the pool) and the server address are not in the same IP subnet.

But I see traffic to a (real) server out of the subnet of the nat pool always send from the nat pool through the interface of the default gateway in stead of the interface of the gateway specified in the nat pool.
Because the default gateway is to internet and we use private IP addresses in the nat pool, traffic is dropped in the firewall according to IP-spoofing.
Is the default gateway option in a nat pool working directly, or have we to apply extra settings?

(We are now working with a host route in the route table, but this will not be manageable when we are going to have a lot of servers)

Best regards,
Marco

Comments

• Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited November 2014
    The nat pool gateway option will work directly with no other configuration required. However, I checked on our release notes and there has been a bug about nat pool gateway within 2.6.1 release. Please tell me the ACOS version that you are running so I can recommend a fix.

Genard
  • Options
    Marco BerkhoutMarco Berkhout Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi Genard,

I am working with vThunder with ACOS 2.7.1-p5-SP6.

Best regards,

Marco
  • Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited November 2014
    Can you please open a support ticket and we can assist you? Please have the Support Eng. cc me on the ticket and will assist accordingly.

Genard