Options

GSLB deployment stages explanation needed

Hello Gents,
I'm new to A10's GSLB and have difficulties to make PoC for customer. Customer has toplology similar to those in attach. 2 ADCs must be deployed on the 2 different POPs where real servers deployed (WEB on POP1 and DNS on POP2). There is full ip connectivity between test PC on top of scheme and VIPs on the ADCs. Both ADCs are DNS-proxying requests to DNS-server on the right-bottom side of the scheme. Both ADCs has HTTP-sevices/fqdn/zoning configured during GSLB configuration. Left-side ADC is GSLB site device and right-side ADC is GSLB controller and site device. When I build in the lab this environment I have HTTP-requests coming on the relevant ADC, but it does not balance it to WEB-server (I can see only SYNs from client coming on ADC). I have mentioned that both ADCs has none of corresponding to HTTP-service Virtual server, Virtual service, Service group and Server configured. Do I understand correctly that GSLB deployment described in documentation doesnt include SLB configuration and SLB configuration for HTTP must be configured separatly before GSLB deployment?

Comments

• Options
    andyo.uaandyo.ua Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, SLB services must be configured before GSLB deployment