Options

Load balancing problem

i'm facing a problem with AX1030 as it only redirect the traffic to only one server and not redirect any traffic for the other server.
Top logy:

2*AX1030 connected to two servers in routed mode

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Can you share your running config of the virtual server, virtual service, service group? Also, in the statistics for the service group, is there any activity from the AX to the server?

The more information/details you share with us the better.

Regard!
  • Options
    Ahemd StarAhemd Star Member
    edited February 2014
    Dear luisvin,
    Kindly check the attached configuration.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi Ahemd, thanks for sharing the config. Can you tell me which service group is the one with the problem? Or is it with the same server in different service groups and in that case which server is that? It may sound obvious but, is the server being marked up by the health monitor?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    all traffic redirected to the same server 172.25.23.1 with all its service groups.
    Health monitor is OK
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ahemd, After reviewing your configuration I honestly don't see any obvious configuration setting that could be causing the behavior you are seeing. I would recommend you the following if you can make changes to the config without impacting the environment:

- Change the algorithm to simple round-robin
    - Remove any persistence profile

With this, you will rule out that the behavior is caused by any of this config settings and will help to start narrowing down the possible cause.

Regards!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the algorithms that i uses is the recommended in exchange server services also the persist is required for some services , any way i will remove them and see what is the affect.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In case you are still searching for a problem. I've had some trouble with the a10 implementation of persistence because the ax takes persistence very seriously. While ip persistence was active it ignored http app switching completely. I know that this isn't your problem BUT I don't know what else is ignored when persistence is on. The config doesn't look wrong so more information is needed anyway. For example "show slb service-group Exchange-OWA-https" would give you more detailed information whats going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes i still facing the problem but it different now. when i disabled the persist template every thing work fine but i can not work when i disabled persist as it cause problem with exchange server as you now So i enabled it again and the strange thing is that every thing work fine!!!!!

but i w ant to ask you what do you mean with :
    1-ax takes persistence very seriously.
    2-While ip persistence was active it ignored http app switching completely.
  • Options
    troyptroyp Member
    edited February 2014
    Ahemd,

From our SLB Guide:

By default, if URL / host switching is configured along with source IP persistence,
    the URL / host switching settings are not used. Instead, the default
    service group is always selected.

To enable URL / host switching to be used
    along with source IP persistence, you must use the match-type servicegroup
    option in the source IP persistence template.