Options

Passing Multicast Traffic

berkyberky Member
Does anyone have any experience passing multicast traffic through an A10? I need to establish PIM neighbor relationships and subsequently pass native multicast traffic through the device. Any help would be appreciated. My SE told me the devices don't participate, but that it's possible to pass the traffic through. He's looking into this also, but I figured I'd post on here to see if anyone else has done this. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tmitsuhatatmitsuhata Member, Administrator admin
    edited February 2014
    Hi berky,
    As far as I know, A10 ADC device don't support PIM protocol.
    If you just want to pass the multicast traffic through A10 ADC, you may be able to use A10 ADC as L2 device by configuring interface and VLAN for that accordingly. (Please make sure not to create any network loop.)
    In case, you are trying to load balance the multicast source server using A10 ADC, DSR mode may be an option with an appropriate path/network toward to First Hop Router for return traffic (assuming multicast) from server.
    Hope it helps.
  • Options
    mischamischa Member
    edited February 2014
    As of 2.7.1(-P1) ACOS support IGMPv2. With the following capabilities:
    - IGMP membership queries are only generated when IPv4 addresses are configured. If any IPv6 interface addresses are recognized, no queries will be generated.
    - Generates generic IGMPv2 membership query request packets.
    - The devices will not process any responses for this query request.
    - Uses the default values for membership query request wherever possible.
    - Provides the ability to configure the time interval for generation of these membership queries per interface using the CLI.
    - Provides support for this feature with Layer 3 Virtualization (L3V).

IGMP membership queries are supported in routed mode only and will not be supported in non-routed mode.

You can find the command at the interface level:
    ip igmp generate-membership-query query-timer max-resp-time response-timer

Maybe this helps.
  • Options
    berkyberky Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks. I have no need for IGMP support. I need PIM. I have my SE opening a feature request for this.