A10 physical to Vthunder migration

Hi All,

We have A10 TH3430S in HA setup , we are planning to migrate to Vthunder. Current setup have multiple partitions(L3V) having more than 30 nos VLAN through trunk. Even some partition have more than 20 VLANs. While checking the Vthunder deplyment document I found that vmxnet3 interface does not support trunk and additionally it supports up to 32 interfaces (recommended a maximum of 8 interfaces).

So here I am look forwarding suggest on target setup whether it could be achieved with vthunder setup.

One more thing, do we have any conversion tool for config migration as current version 4.1.4 and target is 6.0.4

Thanks in advance👍️

Comments

• souravpalsouravpal Member

Looking for some suggestion on that

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭✭

I would like to clarify a few points on this to assist with your deployment:

1. VLAN tagging is absolutely supported on vThunder + vmxnet3. On the A10, you tag interfaces in the same way as physical deployments. You must also configure tagging on the hypervisor.
    2. Interface trunking (aka, link aggregation LACP/static) is not supported.
    3. The number of vNICs supported is determined by the hypervisor. For example, ESXi supports maximum 10 vNICs per guest
    4. Following the software upgrade path from 4.1.4 → 5.2.1 → 6.0.4 should properly migrate your configuration. Please refer to the "Upgrade Path" documentation in the 6.0.4 Release Notes. One important piece to note is that legacy A10 WAF is not supported in 6.x code, and those configurations will not be migrated.

Hopefully this addresses your concerns. What additional questions do you have?