Connectivity issue

Hello community,
I have a connectivity issue about some users trying to get some social media pages, I have A10 thunder working as a CGNAT and I don´t have any rules filtering traffic.

Waht could be the resason this users are unable to access to Tik Tok for instance?

Thanks

Comments

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭✭

Hello - That is very strange behavior. CGN should not drop such traffic, but sometimes shared public IP addresses are seen as abnormal traffic patterns which can cause blocks. Are the issues tied to particular public IP addresses in the pool?

• shawnmcmanusshawnmcmanus Member

My customer saw a large number of packets from AWS being dropped due to additional bytes added to the IP header. It affected the checksum calculation and the packets were dropped as considered bad.

"Checksum calculation in A10 FPGA includes the total length of the IP header plus the first 4 bytes of trailing bytes if they exist. In T-Mobile's case, when examining the non-working UDP packet capture, it reveals that the first 4 bytes are non-zero, causing a checksum calculation error. Consequently, A10 drops the packets, flagging them as having a bad UDP checksum." (from Case#00371051)