Options

Error with Partitions using ansible: 1023721472 Access Denied

tacketacke Member
edited August 2023 in System

Hi!

We're moving to orchestrate our TH1040S using ansible. This started to work out very nicely! But now we're hitting an "Access Denied" when trying to handle partitions.

Here are some details

• ACOS 4.1.4
  • a10.acos_axapi either 1.2.latest or 6.0.1
  • My user is in two partitions, but not the "shared" partition

Here's an ansible playbook snippet:

vars:
    common_auth_params:
      ansible_host: "{{ ansible_host }}"
      ansible_port: 443
      ansible_username: "{{ netlb_username }}"
      ansible_password: "{{ netlb_password }}"
      a10_partition: "LB-LAN"
  module_defaults:
    a10.acos_axapi.a10_ip_dns_primary: "{{ common_auth_params }}"
  tasks:
  - name: "Query primary DNS"
    a10.acos_axapi.a10_ip_dns_primary:
      state: noop
    register: dns_primary

If I comment the a10_partition line out, everything works and I get the primary DNS for my default partition. But even setting it to the name of my default partition (so nothing should change), I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "…/ansible_collections/a10/acos_axapi/plugins/module_utils/client.py", line 86, in activate_partition
…
ansible_collections.a10.acos_axapi.plugins.module_utils.errors.ACOSException: 1023721472 Access Denied

Does anyone have an idea, what's going wrong?

Comments

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

The username that you use must have read/write rights to the partition that you want to configure. This error happens if the user does not have the correct rights to the partition.

• Options
    tacketacke Member

Hi john_allen!

Thanks for your response. We double checked that. And my user does have read/write permissions on the partitions. The confusing part is: Not giving a partition (and ending in the default partition) works. And giving the name of the default partition does not work.

The only thing that seems to help: Giving my user full/all permissions to the complete machine (including the shared partition, etc). We currently handle this as a workaround. But really, I don't want to have so many rights on that box.