Options

Stop Processing of Subsequent aFleX Rules

Does anyone know if it's possible to have an aFleX rule that stops processing of subsequent aFleX rules that are attached to a virtual server?

For instance, say I create an aFleX rule named "DontAllowIfBadIP" that has a conditional for detecting if the IP address should be allowed to connect.

Then I have a second aFleX rule named "CertificateAuthentication" that does some certificate authentication logic.

I attach the aFleX rules to a virtual service in the order of 1) "DontAllowIfBadIP" then 2) "CertificateAuthentication"

Is there a way to have that "DontAllowIfBadIP" permanently reject the connection in a way that will prevent that second "CertificateAuthentication" aFleX from running?

Essentially what we're trying to accomplish is a single aFleX rule that can be attached to multiple virtual services as the first rule to hit to prevent access for DR testing, but we would prefer to not have to edit the dozens of other aFleX rules already in place so that we have consistency in the rule content between our production and disaster recovery sites.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

I don't know of any way to stop the processing of aFleX scripts without modifying your existing scripts.

You can always use a Global var as a flag, and have that Global var checked at the start of the event code to see if it should continue with the event script or not.