Options

TKC - ServiceGroup for non-HTTP

I'm attempting to build a VirtualServer, Ports, and ServiceGroups on an ADC using the TKC connector.

Are non-HTTP ports supported? Also, if the k8s Service has more than 1 port, will it detect all and build it? At present its only picking up the Telemetry port of the container.

Any examples of a ClusterIP service that is using something other than HTTP(S) which is then able to be configured on an ADC would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

Which version of TKC are you using? Are you using CRD's to define the VS, or are you using the annotations section of an Ingress resource to configure it?

• Options
    disirk74disirk74 Member

Trying out 2.1.1.0 and attempting to use CRDs as Ingress are for HTTP primarily. I'm attempting to standup the sftpgo chart, which initiates a Service with ports FTP,SFTP and a Telemetry port. However, it only ever creates a ServiceGroup for the Telemetry port. If i remove Telemetry, the FTP, SFTP are ignored. I thought perhaps it was due to having more than 1 Service defined, so I changed it so there was only a single Port. Still no luck.

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

You should open a support ticket with A10. It sounds like a config issue, or maybe even a bug, but without all your CRD manifests, its a bit difficult to troubleshoot in this forum.

• Options
    nehakakarnehakakar Member

Hi,

Are non-HTTP ports supported?

Yes, non-HTTP ports are supported by TKC. You can configure Virtual Servers and ServiceGroups for protocols other than HTTP(S) using the TKC connector.

If the Kubernetes Service has more than 1 port, will it detect all and build it?

By default, TKC uses the standard Kubernetes Ingress resource to configure Virtual Servers. In the case of non-HTTP services, you can use the A10 annotations section of the Ingress resource to specify the ports and other configuration details for the Virtual Server and ServiceGroup. However, it seems that you are experiencing an issue where only the Telemetry port is being detected and configured by TKC, even if the Kubernetes Service has multiple ports defined.