Get started with Harmony Controller Trial
Harmony Controller offers single-pane-of-glass management and analytics for A10 secure application services, including A10 Thunder® ADC, SSLi®, CFW, and CGN across on-premises data centers and public, private, and hybrid cloud deployments. It improves agility and efficiency with automation, thus reducing the need for IT administrators to set up and configure per-application infrastructure. It simplifies troubleshooting by providing visibility and actionable insights into application traffic and anomalous trends.
In this article, we will look into how you can signup & activate your Harmony Controller Free Trial. Once you sign up for the trial, you can set up and activate the licenses just in a few minutes as the entire process is straightforward and easy 3 steps.
2. Activate Your GLM and Provider Accounts
3. Activate Your Licenses
Step 1: Sign-up
Access the webpage https://www.a10networks.com/products/harmony-trial/ and fill out the trial form with the required details and click on submit button.
Free Trial is offered for both SaaS and Self-Managed deployments. In this example, SaaS has been selected.
Step 2: Activate Your GLM and Provider Accounts
After the sign-up, you will receive emails on the account activations below
· GLM Account activation: An account will be created for you on the A10 Global License Manager (GLM). The GLM is the primary portal to obtain an activation token and license for A10 Networks products and solutions.
Click on the GLM activation link in the email and follow the prompts to activate your account.
· Harmony Provider Account activation: A provider account will be created on the SaaS based Harmony Controller. It is an admin account with full access privilege for your workspace, where you can manage Thunder devices, licenses, users, etc.
Click on the Provider account activation link in the email and follow the prompts to activate the provider account.
Note: Bookmark the login URL for your Provider account.
Step 3: Activate Your Licenses
Harmony Controller requires the following types of licenses:
· Controller License
· Thunder Device License
A controller license is needed for connecting Thunder devices to Harmony Controller. As a trial, a 30-day license (up to 5 Thunder devices, total bandwidth 250Gbps) is created in your GLM account.
To activate this license on Harmony Controller, follow the steps below:
1. Login to GLM account and copy the entitlement token from the Info tab
2. Login to Harmony Portal with provider account credentials.
3. Click Organization > License and add License
4. Enter the valid Entitlement Token copied from the GLM account
5. Click Check Token and then click Request
You can enter the License Information based on the license type selected.
6. Now, expand the license on the tab Organization > Licenses. You should see that the license is activated.
Thunder Device License
A device license is needed to run the Thunder device in any virtual environment (i.e., vThunder or bare metal). A10 supports multiple types of device licenses such as perpetual, bandwidth subscription, or FlexPool. FlexPool license is a pool of resources, e.g., capacity, that can be shared among multiple devices as required. Harmony Controller can work as a controller and management of FlexPool license.
When you register a Thunder device (with a device license already installed) to the Harmony controller, the Harmony controller recognizes the status of the device license.
If you want to manage the device license for your unlicensed Thunder device on Harmony Controller, you need to add a device license token on the Harmony Controller. To add a device license token, follow the Controller license steps and click on the “Associate Devices” button in the device associated panel. You can select all the devices or select a particular device and click Update to add a new FlexPool license.
For additional licensing configuration, refer to Licensing documentation.
Your Harmony Controller 30-day Free Trial is now active and ready to use. You can also schedule a demo with an A10 specialist at any time. For anything related to consultation, guidance, and trial extension., contact A10 Sales
Refer to this article for steps on how to set up Harmony Controller.