Exporting Server List

Hi All,

We are running an A10 Thunder 3030. I am looking to audit the configuration to determine valid SLB configuration. Is there a way to export the list of VIPs and with the associated Servers?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Cheers

Deena

Comments

• john_allenjohn_allen Member
    edited December 2021

A copy of the running configuration would have all that info. Log into the CLI as an Admin user, and then issue the command "show running configuration" (or "sh run config" for short) to get a dump of all the config items.

You could also use the A10 aXAPI to do a REST call to get the server list programmatically, if you are doing some sort of automation for your audit. "curl -sk -X GET https://{address of Thunder node}/axapi/v3/slb/server/" will give you the list of defined servers in a JSON format.

Keep in mind that just because a server is defined, does not mean it's being used. You would need to look at the virtual-server to see what service-group is defined, and then go look in that service-group to see what servers are part of it.

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭

Hi Deena - In addition to what John mentioned, would either of these commands provide the output you need?

show slb server bindings
    show slb virtual-server bind

• deenavdeenav Member

Thanks guys, yes the answers are really helpful. However I was looking for a way to export the list, possibly as a csv file or directly into excel, using either CLI or the GUI. Is there a way to accomplish this cheater move?

• Are you looking for a list of all defined servers on the node, or just those associated with a SLB Virtual Server?? What would the format of the CSV file look like?

"{name of VS}","{server name}"\n ??

I might be able to create a quick & dirty script to create this....it shouldn't be too hard to do.

• kmedkorkmedkor Member

Hello,

is there a way to export the list server via the GUI ?