axapi v3 export object - no password attribute?

toddmasontoddmason Member
edited August 2023 in System
Thanks for the really quick reply earlier today regarding partitions, glad to have this forum actively monitored.

I'm not seeing a password attribute for the export object. I do see one for import, which works just fine. I tried passing it the attribute but it doesn't like it:
{
"response": {
"status": "fail",
"err": {
"code": 1023524874,
"from": "JSON",
"msg": "Failed to handle json field \"password\". JSON field cannot be handled. It might be undefined or disabled by other fields.",
"location": "export.password"
}
}
}

Oh, here's the calling convention:
{
"export": {
"bw-list":"bwlist",
"use-mgmt-port":"true",
"remote-file": "scp://e0151428@10.y.y.y/home/e0151428/bwlist-test",
"password": "thepassword"
}
}

Is this missing in the documentation or are there other ways of of dynamically passing a password to the export object? or must one use store? Store does work but I'd rather pass the creds for the remote site with the export call.

Thank you again.
Tagged:

Comments

• HelpingHandHelpingHand Member
    edited September 2018
    Are you referring to the password for the SCP?

If so, why not use the the URL: "scp://user:password@10.y.y.y/home/e0151428/bwlist-test"

If not, which password are you referring to?
  • toddmasontoddmason Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes the SCP password. That method does work. I was not aware password could be passed that way. Docs don't reference that nor command line help:

use-mgmt-port Use management port as source port
    tftp: Remote file path of tftp: file system(Format: tftp://host/file)
    ftp: Remote file path of ftp: file system(Format: ftp://[user@]host[:port]/file)
    scp: Remote file path of scp: file system(Format: scp://[user@]host/file)
    sftp: Remote file path of sftp: file system(Format: sftp://[user@]host/file)

That's not part of ssh typically. How'd you know of that feature?

It is a bit odd that the scp password attribute exists for import but does not for export. I can work with what you've supplied.

Thank you again HelpingHand.