Options

Transform Url to proxy squid

HAHA Member
Hello all,

I would like to implement the following configuration :
Client --->SoftAX VIP--->Proxy (Squid)--->Original content server
PS : Client browser CANNOT be configured with SoftAx VIP (pointing to the proxy).

So, when the users request access to www.mycompany.com, the local DNS server resolves it to the SoftAX VIP.
The client starts an HTTP session to the SoftAX VIP.
The AX must then transform the URL to be understandable by the proxy (Squid).

Is it possible to implement such config with A10 ??

PS : See all details on http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=329584&tstart=0
with Netscaler, I was not able to get this config working. More chance with A10 ??

Regards,

HA

Comments

• Options
    HAHA Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello,

Nobody ???

Regards,

HA
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I thought Squid is a HTTP cache. How and why do you need to rewrite HTTP so a HTTP cache can understand it? Could you give specifics? Squid is pretty old and it seems most folks I talk to these days are using Varnish.
  • Options
    HAHA Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello,
    Let's clarify the situation...
    Company A must access some applications at Company B (across a VPN).
    Company A owns the SoftAX (for it's own Web site) and Company B owns the proxy and Applications server.
    Company A has no proxy server (just some Next Generation Firewall) inside the infrastructure and don't want to install it.
    Users in the company A must access the application server (Company B) through the proxy (no direct access to the application is allowed).

When the browser sends the HTTP request to the VIP of the SoftAX, it has the following format (don't forget, no proxy configured on the browser !) :
    Request URL: GET /app HTTP/1.1
    Host : applicationserver.companyb.com.

The squid proxy received the request and drop it because it's waiting the request in the following format:
    Request URL: http://applicationserver.companyb.com/app

That's why I was talking about URL transformation....

Regards,

HA