Options

aVCS doesn't sync to other unit

jkocanjkocan Member
Hello,

I have been struggling with aVCS with VRRP for a few hours this morning and am stuck. It appears that no matter what I do I can't get the configuration to sync to the other "blade". I should note, that I first had these systems fully configured in the traditional HA mode, but only moved to the aVCS configuration after finding out (from another post) that that mode only supports manual mode. Currently the primary unit says, "VRRP-A: Active/Sync" the standby unit says, "VRRP-A:Standby:Not-Sync". Also, if I reboot it does seem to sync, but I only tested this once.

Attached in a word document are my aVCS/VRRP related config parameters in side by side columns for easy comparison.

Any advice would/things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Options
    mischamischa Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Joe,

What does your log say? And "sh vcs sum"?
  • Options
    jkocanjkocan Member
    edited February 2014
    Here is what it says. I don't know how to get it to go from an "Unknown" state. If I reboot it looks OK, but then it never really syncs. Also I have another pair that is doing that exact same thing in another location. I should note, I am new at this as these are the first of these I have setup. I tried a whole bunch of stuff (Old HA mode, VRRP-A, etc, but have no idea where the issue is. - Thanks for any insight, ideas, etc.

Members(* means local device):
    ID State Priority IP:Port Location
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 vMaster(*) 255 10.xx.xx.249:41216 Local
    2 Unknown 125 Remote
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hello

are you still having trouble with your configuration. I will take a closer look, Also if you could send me a "show tech" that will give some additional detailed information to help asses what the problem may be
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hello

try and enter the "config" prompt on device 2 and execute the command "vcs reload". If this does not resolve the issue, then please send me the show-techs from both device 1 and 2. Instructions for obtaining the show-tech are as follows:

USING THE GUI (RECOMMENDED)
    1. Log into the GUI.
    2. Select Monitor > System > Logging.
    3. On the menu bar, click Show Tech.
    4. Click Export. The File Download dialog appears.
    5. Click Save. The Save As dialog appears.
    6. Navigate to the location where you want to save the file, and click Save.

USING THE CLI
    1. Log into the CLI.
    2. Enable logging in your terminal emulation application, to capture output generated by the CLI.
    3. Enter the enable command to access the Privileged EXEC mode of the CLI. Enter your enable password at the Password prompt.
    4. Enter the following command: show techsupport export scp ://[user@]host/file)