Options

Weird behaviour of AX2500

I'm observing a weird behaviour on a pair of AX2500 running 2.6.1-P4:

When I do a HEAD request for say http://$VIRTIP/foo.html?$UNIQID the balancer gets the content
from one of the real servers and replies as expected. This works always without failures.

Now when a request for the same file is being done by one of Akamai's CDN servers the balancer does not answer in the vast majority of requests.
Using tcpdump in front of the balancer and on the real servers I saw the incoming request, the balancer's request to one of the real servers, the reply of the server but NO reply of the balancer to the requesting CDN server. Only about 10% of the requests are being served by the load balancer.

Btw - when changing the request type from HEAD to GET the requests are being served always.

Has anybody observed a similar problem or any idea what's happening here?

Regards
Bjoern

Comments

• Options
    mischamischa Member
    edited February 2014
    Is there any different in the actual request besides the HEAD or GET? Different HTTP version? Host header? etc...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No, the requests are identical . I copied the headers I saw in tcpdump and did the request mit netcat:

HEAD /foo/bar/baz.html?16359780648 HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: curl/7.15.5 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5
    Accept: */*
    X-Akamai-CONFIG-LOG-DETAIL: true
    TE: chunked;q=1.0
    Connection: TE
    Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Akamai-Origin-Hop: 1
    Via: 1.1 akamai.net(ghost) (AkamaiGHost)
    X-Forwarded-For: 192.0.2.1
    Host: www.example.com
    Cache-Control: max-age=120
    Connection: keep-alive
  • Options
    mischamischa Member
    edited February 2014
    Let's see if we can replicate the behaviour. I would also like to suggest to open a support case.
    That way we can track the issue.