Options

Role privilage required to export axdebug file

patpatpatpat Member
Platform is AX1030 with version 2.6.1-GR1-P3(build: 29)

I'm trying to create a role that read-only but has the ability to create and then export axdebug capture files. I have a role that can create them (basically ReadOnlyAdmin), but when I go to export the file I get "Insufficient privilege". I have not been able to find any combination of role settings that allow me to export the axdebug file.

Thanks

Pat

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Are you trying to export the file from the GUI or CLI?
  • Options
    patpatpatpat Member
    edited February 2014
    From the CLI.
    Can captures be created and exported from the GUI?
  • Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited February 2014
    The AXdebug captures can be configured from the CLI and can be downloaded/exported from the GUI from Config Mode/System/Diagnosis/AXdebug File/"Filename".

I hope this answers your question.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes. I believe after version 2.6.1 GR1, you can go to the GUI, Config > System > Diagnosis to export the file directly out of the GUI via HTTP. This is easy for everyone, even folks who can't spell TFTP ;) So, what if you made a role which shut down all areas of the GUI except for the Diagnosis menu?
  • Options
    patpatpatpat Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the responses.
    I see that GUI option now and that could work.
    In a quick test, I see that the CLI export includes a single merged of all the pcap files, where as the GUI export does not include that single merged file. Is there any way to get the GUI export to include the merge? (I know I can do the merge myself).
  • Options
    dshindshin Member
    edited February 2014
    It does include a merged file from the tar.gz file. If you open the tar file you will see a merged file called "title_merge.pcap". Let me know if you need more information.

Genard