Options

aXAPI: slb.template.client_ssl.create

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could lend a hand in regards to how to properly put together a request using python over aXAPI using the slb.template.client_ssl.create method.

I was trying to setup the parameters but I'm getting confused using the Url-encode options and how to properly set the array, I was doing the following but I keep getting invalid parameters.
config = {} config['name'] = 'template1' config['key_name'] = 'key1.key' config['cert_name'] = 'cert1.crt' config['cipher_list'] = 'cipher1%02cipher2' config['cipher1'] = 'name%03TLS1_RSA_EXPORT1024_RC4_56_SHA' config['cipher2'] = 'name%03TLS1_RSA_EXPORT1024_RC4_56_MD5' myClass(host,sid,json.dumps(config))

I keep getting the following error:
response status="fail" error code="1003" msg="Invalid parameters

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (I have a feeling I'm not passing this in properly but I will keep trying while checking back here)

Comments

• Options
    JackofallTradesJackofallTrades Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello Keepcase,

So depending on the code version you are running json may not be supported for the method. In that case you have to encode the parameters. A stream dump looks like this:
    POST /services/rest/V2/?session_id=0e8e80eeea436a771d7741530a3a35&method=slb.template.client_ssl.create HTTP/1.0 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length: 70 Host: 172.21.21.254 User-Agent: Python-urllib/1.17 key_name=MyCertificateTest&name=myTemplate&cert_name=MyCertificateTestHTTP/1.1 200 OK Content-Type: application/xml Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:51:31 GMT Expires: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 00:00:00 GMT Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:51:31 GMT Pragma: no-cache Content-Length: 72 Server: A10WS/1.00

Working sample code looks like:

class template(object): @classmethod def clientSSL(cls, host, sid, configuration): method = "method=slb.template.client_ssl.create" data = req.postXML(host, method, sid, configuration) return data host = "172.21.21.254" username = 'admin' password = 'a10' tempName = "myTemplate" cert = "MyCertificateTest" key = "MyCertificateTest" mytemplate = urllib.urlencode({ 'name': tempName, 'cert_name': cert, 'key_name': key }) sid = auth.sessionID(host, username, password) t = template.clientSSL(host, sid, mytemplate) auth.sessionClose(host, sid)

Thanks for taking advantage of the API.
  • Options
    KeepcaseKeepcase Member
    edited February 2014
    I made the changes and it's working beautifully!
    Let's see what else I can do with this API :)

Any particular methods you find useful that might not necessarily be used that often?
    I'm thinking to work on stats next; I was going to start parsing the fetchAllStatistics methods for servers and virtual_servers next

I've just been playing around with servers, service_groups, virtual_servers and SSL.

Thanks again! I'll keep you posted :)
  • Options
    JackofallTradesJackofallTrades Member
    edited February 2014
    You know technology is there to solve business problems... So the methods that are useful to me are the ones that solve the business problem.... :)

Cheers