Virtual Server with 443 (HTTPS)

Dear, I am new to A10 and I need to create a virtual server with a service group and its real servers in 443. When I finish the configuration and test the site in the browser, it gives me the following:

bad request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.

Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

Comments

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭

This sounds like your web server on the back end is expecting a SSL connection from the A10. When you configure a Layer 7 virtual port such as "port 443 https", the A10 will act as a full HTTP proxy. A client-ssl template is needed between the client and the A10, and a server-ssl template is needed if SSL is required between A10 and the back end server. Do you have both of these configured? Perhaps you can share a redacted VIP config.

• rodrigoshrodrigosh Member

Does the GUI configuration work for you or do you need the CLI configuration? As I said before, I am new to A10 and I am not comfortable with the commands they have.

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Sure - in the gui, navigate to ADC > SLB and open your VIP. Edit the 443 vPort on the right. Here you will see your client / server SSL template configuration. You can also create these templates from this screen by clicking the "Add+" button on the right side.

From CLI, you can run the command "show run slb virtual-server" which will display all your VIP config.