3030S lost admin password

mcewancmcewanc Member

I have two A10 Thunder 3030s systems. I do not have the admin password to access the systems. I have followed the documented process by logging into the reset account and entering the unit serial number.  This appears tp be resetting the system to defaults. However, when I reboot the system and try and login to the admin account password has not been set back to a10. Is there another admin default password?

TH3030S login: reset                                                        A2

Password:

Do you want to reset admin password to default and delete ALL users

except 'admin' from the system? Answering 'y' will also reboot the AX[y/n]:y

Do you want to reset enable password to default?[y/n]:y

Do you want to erase startup config?[y/n]:y

Jul 13 2020 21:45:45 TH3030S a10logd: [SYSTEM]<3> Going to zeroize certificates and keys

Reboot...………...

TH3030S login: admin

Password: a10

Jul 13 2020 21:49:39 TH3030S a10logd: [SYSTEM]<3> The user, admin, from the remote host, 127.0.0.1:ttyS0, failed in the CLI authentication.

Login incorrect

Comments

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭

That is the correct process, and upon successful completion, the credentials should be the defaults admin/a10 as you entered there. The process is not supported on FIPS devices. Do you know if yours are FIPS appliances?

• mcewancmcewanc Member

The system has a label on the back TH3030-010-SSL-FIPS so I assume that the system is a FIPS appliance. Does this explain why the normal reset process does not work?

• mdunnmdunn Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, that is the case. Due to FIPS requirements, this password recovery feature is disabled on FIPS appliances. Per the documentation, in this situation the appliance must be RMA'd.