Options

Harmony Controller resources requirements

clav_nsp19clav_nsp19 Member
edited October 2020 in Harmony Controller

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to install Harmony Controller on Centos 7.7 VM but it's not proceeding. Reason is that, my machine does not match the required storage size. The available disk space on my VM falls very short of the required as per documentation (required is 1TB, but I only have like 50GB on my VM).

My question is, do we really need to meet the required 1TB disk space for the Harmony Controller to be successfully installed? Can't we have less resources, say 100GB storage in order to proceed?

Any link to an official documentation citing a customized (minimal) resources requirements for the said installation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    john_allenjohn_allen Member

Hi Clav_snp19,

The disk space requirement is to retain log and historical data from the managed Thunder devices. While you can finish the install of Harmony with less storage, you will run into other issues when you start connecting Thunder devices.

If you are just trying to do the install to take a look at Harmony, you can edit the install script and look for the storage requirement setting and lower that to match your Centos 7.7 system. I don't know what the Bash variable is for that off the top of my head, but if you can't find it, let us know that I will go look for it myself.

Keep in mind that if you run into issues, and contact our support organization, they will tell you to get more memory on your system.

Cheers!

-- John

• Options
    clav_nsp19clav_nsp19 Member

Hi John,

Appreciate your response.

I agree to everything you stated here. I already made it work more than a week ago (at least the storage requirement issue). The installer accepted a disk size of 100GB, although I'm still getting errors on the installation which is not anymore related to storage or any system resources, I guess.

Thank you!