How to hide directory from URL site

MoratoMorato Member
edited November 2019 in aFleX

Hi!!

I'd like how I can hide the directory from the site as example bellow:

Site: http://site.com/index.php?page=items

But in the browser only show http://site.com/

Is that possible be configurated in A10?

Thanks,

Rafael Morato

Comments

• jserranojserrano Member ✭✭

Hi Rafael,

You can try this aflex example to hide internal url path on your server and expose a diferent path to the internet:

when HTTP_REQUEST {

set url [string tolower [HTTP::uri]]

if { $url starts_with "/external/url/"} {

HTTP::uri "[string map { "/external/url/“ "/internal/url/" } [ HTTP::uri]]"

}

}

when HTTP_RESPONSE {

if { [HTTP::is_redirect] } {

HTTP::header replace Location "[string map { "/internal/url/" "/external/url/" } [ HTTP::header Location]]"

}

HTTP::stream replace "/internal/url/" "/external/url/“

}

Hope this help!

José Serrano

• MoratoMorato Member

Thank you José Serrano,

I'm going to try that and report here if that works or not.

Regards,

Rafael Morato

• MoratoMorato Member

I've tried that script, but that didn't works.

I tried to run that:

when HTTP_RESPONSE {

if { [HTTP::is_redirect] && [HTTP::header Location] contains "/cfcc/login/login.jsp" } {

log local0. "Client [IP::client_addr] Rewriting from [HTTP::header Location]"

HTTP::header replace Location [string map -nocase "/cfcc/login/login.jsp" [HTTP::header Location]]

log local0. "Client [IP::client_addr] Rewritten to [HTTP::header Location]"

}

}

I found that in others forums, but until now I dind't find any solution which help me to hide uri from the my url site.

Regards,

Rafael Morato

• jserranojserrano Member ✭✭

Hi Rafael,

Checking your aFlex I see you´re only taking care of the server response and only in case of a redirect.

Also you are missing the rewrite action on the string map options

HTTP::header replace Location [string map -nocase {"/cfcc/login/login.jsp" "/"} [HTTP::header Location]]

If you want to hide an internal url your script basically need to take care of these three things:

1) Rewrite redirect locations on the server response. (HTTP::header replace Location)

2) Rewrite response hrefs on server responses html body. (you may use HTTP::stream replace)

3) Rewrite uri on the client request to translate it to the url that server-side is actually specting

If you explain the exact use case and url´s you want to convert maybe I can help with concrete tcl code needed.

Regards

• MoratoMorato Member

Thanks,

My url is  “www.abc.com/ABXBCCOD/opendoc.htm?document=qvw_l%5C.qvw&lang=pt-BR&host=03&anonymous=true”?

I'd like show at the browser of clients only www.abc.com

what the best aFlex to do it

Regards,

• The A10 GitHub has an example that may work for you: https://github.com/a10networks/aflex-collection/blob/master/url-rewrite-switch.tcl

-- John