Options

AX2600 Admin password reset

I bought an A10 AX2600 load balancer off ebay recently to setup a vcs cluster with the existing one I already had but having issues resetting the password to default. I do have a decent amount of experience configuring these out of the box as a previous company I worked for was buying the AX3030's and I setup at least 5-6 pairs from scratch. I did the reset process, username: reset password: serialnumber, it asks if i want to delete all accounts expect the admin and reset the password, asks if i want to reset the enable password, asks if i want to wipe the config and I've said yes to all 3 questions numerous times. It reboots and I type admin for the username and a10 for the password, all lowercase as I've done in the past and I get the following message

AX2600 login: admin
Password:
Jan 02 2002 04:20:56 AX2600 a10logd: [SYSTEM]<3> The user, admin, from the remote host, 127.0.0.1, failed in the CLI authentication.

Is it possible older A10's have a different admin password? Any ideas on how to fix? I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point as I've tried a ton of ideas. Below is the messages I see upon bootup

Booting 'AX ACOS (Primary Image)' E5540 @ 2.53GHz
Please wait while the system boots...

[ 0.804942] PCI: Not using MMCONFIG.yboard)
INIT: version 2.86 bootingF3 on Remote Keyboard)
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
..........[OK]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    michaelnwrmichaelnwr Member
    edited August 2016
    Any luck with this? I just got one of these units and the default of admin/a10 are not working and I have even done a factory reset on my unit with no luck.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Probably a long shot, but if the units were FIPS, those have a different default password. Send me an email and we will give the FIPS password a try. kjones@a10networks.com